I’m not sure that 10 days without furniture is a good idea. Why? For several reasons:
- I like to sleep in a bed.
- I’m in my sister’s wedding next Saturday, and would like to sit at a table during the rehearsal dinner and reception.
- I’m writing this on a couch, and I like writing from the comfort of couches.
- I have a magic chair that is very important to keeping my 3 month old from crying.
But I am giving up these things for the next 10 days, and focussing on the many organizations that take care of American families in need. Here’s how you can be a part of what’s going on:
- Research your local rescue mission or Salvation Army, and plan a visit over the next 10 days.
- Find one way that you can volunteer or be a part of what your local mission is doing (it can be a one-time thing or a continuous thing).
- Pass on this blog to your friends by posting a link in your Facebook or Twitter feed. Here’s an idea of what you could say: Check out this great blog I found –www.10dayswithout.com.
- Subscribe to this blog, and you will receive each new post by email.
Here’s to one more night in my bed!
If you would like to donate money, and need a place to give please click here. The donations will go to my local rescue mission in Colorado.