I’m hesitant to show a video like this because I think it can cause people to give out of guilt. I think some organizations use guilt to their advantage, and sometimes we can give emotionally to a cause without it being the smart or right thing for us to do. (I bet we can give and it not honor God)
BUT! This video is also a good reminder. We are blessed, and we can use that blessing to give generously to people in need.
Don’t give out of guilt today. Pray about what opportunities fit your passions, and look for organizations that you care about. If you want a few ideas, here is a list:
- Donate to International Justice Mission and fight human trafficking, slavery, land grabbing, and abusive police power throughout the world.
- Sponsor a child through Compassion International.
- Volunteer as an STM (short term missionary) at a Joni and Friends Family Retreat.
- Donate your extra shoes to Soles4Souls.
- Donate a coat or other clothing item, to your local rescue mission.
- Volunteer with Prison Fellowship or another prison ministry.
Activism, humanitarianism, and generosity are not about guilt — they are about using our wealth (money or possessions) to meet someone else’s needs.
What organizations are you passionate about? You may comment below…